Sunday, February 22, 2009

Maple Bourbon BBQ Glazed Chicken




This was my birthday weekend and my husband surprised me with a family dinner Sunday night, my sister-in-law made pasta salad and got the best chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake ever made, my mother-in-law made my favorite potato dish, Au Gratin. My father-In-law made me fresh fruit salad and my wonderful husband made me the most incredible BBQ chicken,
everything was out of this world delish!


Brine:

5 - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
5 C. -Water
4 - Strips of Lemon Peel
6 - Juniper Berries (cracked)
1/3 C. - Kosher Salt
3 Tbs. -Sugar
1 - Bay Leaf
1 - Gallon Zippy Bag

Glaze:

2/3 C. - Orange Juice
1/3 C. - Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tbs. - Wild Turkey Bourbon
2 Tbs. - Brown Sugar
2 Tbs. - Soy Sauce
1 Tbs. - Dijon Mustard
A healthy pinch of Cayenne

Brine; In a large bowl combine the water, salt and sugar, stir until dissolved. Transfer the water mix to a gallon zippy bag and place the rest of the ingredients inside. Place the zippy bag into a large bowl and keep in the refrigerator overnight or at least 2-4 hours . When you are ready to BBQ take the chicken out of the brine and rinse it off then pat it dry with a paper towel. While the BBQ is heating up make the glaze for the chicken. Combine all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until it reduces by half, make sure to whisk every few minutes. BBQ the chicken for about 7 minutes each side then glaze with the sauce and cook on each side for another 7 minutes. Garnish with a few lemon rings.


My husband found this wonderful recipe on finecooking.com

Click here to Print Recipe...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the glaze sounds absolutely divine! Love the Bourbon and maple syrup combo - delicious!

grace said...

all you had to say was bourbon to pique my interest, but tacking on some maple syrup makes it an even more appealing glaze. very nice!

Donna-FFW said...

Do I even have to tell you you had me craving it at Bourbon? Looks delicious! Lucky girl to be treated so well for your birthday! Hope it was happy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That looks delicous!

Jennifer said...

It was delicious, thanks for the invite!

Nazarina A said...

Marybeth,
Happy birthday!

That's right you ought to be spoiled with such succulent dishes! That chicken sure sounds and looks delicious!

Jennifer said...

YUM!!!!

Amy said...

Lucky girl! Happy Birthday!

Bunny said...

happy belated birthday, your dinner was wonderful!

Creative Classroom Core said...

I am loving this chicken recipe - it looks great! I bet it is very tasty!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious! I love everything I've ever found on finecooking.com.

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

The maple glaze sounds addicting! I like how it's a light glaze that has a ton of flavor :).

test it comm said...

This chicken sounds good! I have been really enjoying maple lately.

Dunkin Cooking the Semi-Homemade Way

StatCounter

link referral

We create a meal with some pre-made items then add our own twist to it. Some are family recipes some are whatever we throw together.